A couple days ago I was reading a friend's blog and she wrote about a chicken that she had made for a friend. It sounded really good so I decided to try it myself. E has been asking for a whole chicken for a long time so I figured I'd try it now.
What you need is:
- one whole chicken
- a lemon
- a lime
- parsley, oregano, and rosemary spices (either fresh or dried)
- olive oil
- garlic
- butter
I started out by putting the parsley, oregano and rosemary in a bowl, about a handful of each for a whole chicken. Then I added the juice of both one whole lemon and one whole lime. Then I finished by stirring in about half a cup of olive oil. Then I put the chicken in an oven safe form, pulled back some of the skin and put a little piece of butter underneath to have the chicken get even juicier, and then reset the skin and buttered it up on the outside as well. Then I used a couple gloves of minced garlic and spread that over the chicken. (You could probably mix that with the butter if you'd like before). Once that was done I poured my dressing on top rubbing the juice and olive oil and spices all over the chicken, both top and bottom.
Put the chicken in a preheated over at 350F and let it be there for about 1 hour, for a normal size full chicken (enough for three people at least). You might have to adjust the time depending on the size of the chicken.
To the chicken I made some hasselback potatoes, that I put in with some mini carrots in the oven before I started prepping the chicken. It turned out great, the potatoes were perfectly done in that time. Then E made some green beans, onion and mushroom mix that he found online a couple day's ago. Apparently really good if you like those things.
The guys had already cut up the chicken when I got home from my walk that I took while it was in the oven so didn't have time to take a picture of it before. But this is what it looked like once it was on the plate. There is a little garlic sour cream on the side as well. I was supposed to roast some zuccini as well with the potatoes and carrots but forgot.
It was really good and the chicken was moist and tender. I might try a different recipe next time though just to see what else there are. I did like having the rosemary on there which was something new from the original recipe. Popular with E and his dad too :)
Now time for bed. Good night <3


No comments:
Post a Comment