Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

I miss summer in Stockholm

I was talking to a friend from home yesterday, and she asked what I wanted for dinner. Because my office is so hot all I could think of was a cold salad. Like a cold chicken salad. But then somehow, shrimp popped up in my head. Oh a Shrimp Sandwich I thought. And then it escalated. Because, all I could think of was one of those amazing shrimp sandwiches you can only buy at restaurants, sitting by the water in Stockholm, in the summer, with a glass of Rose wine and good friends.. Wow I miss summer in Stockholm!

But I did make a shrimp sandwich last night anyways. And even if it wasn't close to be as impressive or good as the ones you can buy at home, it was still pretty awesome. Just peeled some frozen shrimp from IKEA (haha I know but they're are pretty good), put them on a half ciabatta on which I had already sliced up an egg and topped off with some sour cream. Pretty good if I may say so myself. The picture really doesn't do it justice.

Yes that is supposed to depict a shrimp sandwich lol
When I went to buy the ciabatta bread my eyes got caught on one of the cakes they have in their bakery. And as I inched closer my eyes widened. Because on the little sign next to the cake it said Swedish Princess Torte!! YES!! It it my favorite cake at home, never thought I'd find it anywhere else, and I've thought of making it several times but never had the courage to. And now, it's here, right before my eyes. I had to fetch on of the bakery ladies down and actually ask her if it is the same cake. She said yes, the only difference is that instead of whipped cream, they have frosting. She did say it is a light fluffy frosting depicting more of a whipped cream than frosting, but still it was a little disappointed. But I know what cake I am having for my birthday. Maybe I can special order it with whipped cream?....


Plus, at the store where I got the bread, they also have fresh made sushi, and of course I couldn't say no to that, so I bought a meal of California Rolls to have for lunch today. SOOOO EXCITED :D
<3
Jojo

No comments:

Post a Comment