Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blame it on the sun

I haven't posted anything since Thursday morning, and the only good excuse I have is that the weather has been AMAZING!! so I haven't wanted to sit inside and in front of a computer. Only reason to why I am here right now is because I've spent the whole day in the sun, and since I so easily get red (even with sunscreen) I thought it was time to go inside. Plus my boyfriend and his dad keeps telling me Scandinavians are the most prone to skin cancer...... haha so time to step out of the sun and enjoy and ice cold Smirnoff Ice :)



Since Thursday was supposed to be my day off I was going to go run after work on Friday. Well that didn't happen either. Not because I was lazy.. well ok a little lazy I admit. But because it was so incredibly humid outside I didn't think it would be good to go run. E even told men not to go. Instead I played with Batson in the backyard, hitting tennis balls with a golf club for him to catch before I stepped into the shower. Once I had showered E and I went out to eat at Applebee's to celebrate that he had gotten a job offer. He is supposed to start this upcoming Wednesday at US Bank if nothing else changes.

Saturday however, I got up at like 9.40 and went for my 4 mile run (7km) with Batson. Stupidly enough all I had to eat was a small yoghurt and nothing to drink. Needless to say, half way through the run I thought I was going to throw up or pass out. It didn't help either that no matter where I was the sun was beaming down on my head. No shadow and no wind to make me feel cooled off and better. Haha. Not making that mistake again. And although I didn't feel like I ran nearly as much as I did last time, I shaved off 2 min on my route :) Which either means I am able to walk faster between my runs which is good, or I can actually run faster and still get around, or a mixture of both which would be awesome :)

Around 2pm we left the house to go to my little girl Danika's graduation party. She has graduated high school now and is heading to college this fall. I am so proud of her. This is the girl I just to hang out with a few summers ago. She has some mental and physical disabilities, but she is the funniest girl I have ever met. She is always happy and always laughs. After that we went to E's brother's house for a couple of hours because they had a party, but we left around 7pm to go home, grilled some chicken, lit the fire, and just relaxed. It was a great night.




Today, Sunday I have been really good. E came in and woke me up at 8am with Batson jumping up laying down next to me. I put on my running clothes, went downstairs and had a glass of water and convinced E to come with me on his bike. We took a rout that according to Map My Run is 2.3 miles or something like that. Except for walking to the end of our street both in the beginning and home, which is probably not more than 1/8 of an mile one way, I RAN then ENTIRE TIME!!! I was so proud of myself. But I have to say. Without E I never would've been able to push myself so hard, Especially not up the last hill, and really running the last block before our street. It felt so good though :) And now I know I can run at least 2 miles consistently (which is almost 3 km or so).

The rest of the day has been spent on Menards to pick up some rocks, mulch, and dirt. After that E and I redid a spot up front where all the grass had died. And I finally got to re-pot my Peace lily and bought it a nice looking pot as well.

This is what it looked like before...

... placing out the rocks...
 
...and the final product :)

My little Peace Lily how it looked like before...

..and how it looks like now :)
Well this ended up being a looong post. But that is what happens when I don't write for a few days right :o)
Don't forget to leave a little word or two in the comment field before you leave :)

Love,
Jojo

No comments:

Post a Comment