I wanted to give him a pair of nice hockey gloves because the ones that he had were completely broke. Only problem was I have no idea what to think about when buying hockey gloves or what kinds there are. So over the course of a couple of weeks I started just casually ask him what colors he likes the best for hockey gloves, how they're supposed to fit and also casually measured my hand against his to see how big his hand are.
While in the store I tried on a couple but I mean it was the first time ever I've had hockey gloves on so for me they still felt kind of weird so I had to ask J (B's boyfriend) and some of his friends in the store if they thought they were the right ones. When I gave them to E on Sunday night he loved them (or so I think anyways he never really gets super excited for anything I give him).... (or well actually, he was very excited about the beef jerky I came home with for him so apparently I should've just bought that instead of a pair of hockey gloves haha).
While in Forest Lake I ate way too much! Sunday night we had homemade sesame chicken with rice and fruit salad and for dessert we had homemade chocolate cake with ice cream and coffee. I can't tell you enough how full I felt when we watched A-Team (the movie) later that night. But that wasn't the end of my eating that weekend.
Sunday morning started out with B's mom's amazing coffee made with cream, cocoa and coffee. Two big cups and you're set for the day. Then she also made pancakes, thin ones the thickness of Swedish pancakes but the diameter of an American pancake. Soooo delicious. Later I found out they too were made with cream. After breakfast B and I decided to go for a walk. We walked all over the place to look at some gorgeous houses and walked out on the lake in the sunshine and had a blast. 1.5 hour later we came back home to a house filled with people, a worried boyfriend and mom (because we weren't supposed to be out for that long) and lefsa baking. B's brother and fiance, uncle and aunt had come over to make lefsa. It took us 5 hours to finish it all, to roll out the little balls of dough and fry them up on the special lefsa makers they had. They were good tho! Also they had cream in them.
![]() |
| The lake in Forest Lake. With blue skies and warm weather it was amazing to walk there |
However, when I came home that night (Sunday that is) my wonderful boyfriend had cleaned the entire apartment, picked up things and put them away as well as vacuumed it all. That was my Valentine's gift and it was awesome :)
For Valentine's Day we didn't do much. E had class, I went working out with B and then had golf. Then E and I went grocery shopping and had steak and hasselback potatoes with Bearnaise sauce and mushrooms for E and sour cream with chili sauce for me to it. We also split a bottle of red wine because somehow I've had a newfound taste for red wine. It's pretty good actually.
After dinner we watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and just relaxed in the couch before bed time.
![]() |
| The only thing missing last night was my "gelehallon" hearts |
That was my weekend. What did you do?


No comments:
Post a Comment