These are a few of the cats that I interacted with today:
![]() |
| Picture taken from the www.animalhumanesociety.org |
This is Flipper. She is a 3 year old, small black cat. Adorable! I took her to the visitation room and first she walked around the room, played with a toy egg filled with something to make fun noises and then she came and cuddled. She jumped up on my lap and wanted to get scratched and petted. If I stopped she would bump her head against my hand as if to tell me she wasn't done yet.
![]() | |
| Picture taken from www.animalhumanesociety.org |
This is Snerf. Funny name right? Well it suits this little miss. At first she was a little apprehensive, and as soon as someone walked passed the door she'd stop what she was doing and listen carefully. She loved playing with this little ball of fleece tied to a string. I'd throw it at her and she'd catch it with her paws and bite at it. If I pulled it away she'd hiss at me and then keep playing. She has a couple medical conditions and her tummy was pretty swollen today. Poor thing. They were going to have the vet look at her tomorrow to make sure she's ok. She is such a lady and so nice and wonderful and I hope someone walking by her will stop and realize that as well.
And of course, I couldn't go home with out stopping by the dogs and got caught by this little cutie!
![]() |
| Picture taken from www.animalhumanesociety.org |
Besides these wonderful animals there were plenty more at the St Paul location today. Two 8 week old Golden Retriever/Lab puppies, some terrier pitbulls, a super cute pug/beagle mix, a tiny Springer male, a golden male cat, a black and white gentleman and plenty plenty more animals looking for their new families.
I love volunteering at the AHS and it sucks being allergic to the cats (which I've just realized I am). I am going to write the volunteer coordinator and see if I can get transferred to the dog section instead.



No comments:
Post a Comment